Primary and secondary infertility. Recurrent pregnancy loss. PCOS. Insulin Resistance. Low progesterone. Vitamin D deficient. 3 1/2 years and 3 (more) clomid cycle cautiously expecting #2!

Friday, May 20, 2011

29 weeks update

It's been quite some time since I've been here. Truthfully part of it is because I feel a little guilty posting updates here when there's so many people struggling to conceive. I get how hard it is to see my blog posts at the same time, I've been in others shoes. On the other side I get hurt because I cannot mention anything without feeling bad. I actually was hurt when someone on twitter announced the pregnancy updates from every one was overwhelming and they would be no longer following them. I was one of those people who was unfollowed. It made me feel like when you get pregnancy you no longer need the support you did when you were infertile. Can I consider myself fertile? Well, no... I struggled with my 5 year old son 2 1/2 years and one miscarriage to conceive. This one I struggled 3 1/2 years and 2 more miscarriages.

Just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I haven't needed support. Every one who has been in my shoes or any one else's knows it's hard to not worry for the baby growing inside you. It's hard. I wish infertility and pregnancy loss never had to exist. I wish it was a ton easier on every one.. but then perhaps there would be less people out there who appreciated what the gift they were receiving.

Any way... an update:

How Far Along: 29 weeks

How Big is The Baby: At our 26 1/2 week ultrasound he actually was roughly 2 1/2 pounds already. So I'm guessing roughly 3 pounds+ now? My fundal measurement was 34 cm!! And no, the big baby isn't a result of GD (I passed!!)

Total Weight Gain: I believe I hit 15 pounds now.

Maternity Clothes: Definitely, caved in and bought more last week. Got some shorts and capris!!

Sleep: Decent. I mean I still wake up in the night a lot, but I'm sleeping even if I don't feel like I get enough.

GENDER: Boy!

Movement: A ton of movement. He's all over the place!! DH finds it funny - he'll stick his ear on my belly and it's like ESP because a few seconds later the baby locates him and hits/kicks his ear.

Food Cravings: Sweets mainly. Chinese food too. If only I got my way!!

What I Miss: I kind of miss not having to be so picky on what I eat, since the nausea hasn't gone away at all.

What I'm looking forward to: Getting the baby room cleaned out hopefully soon!! It's still being used to make the 2nd DVD holder he's working on!!

Milestones: It was a great milestone when we hit viability. Now it's great to be officially in the 3rd trimester.

Symptoms: Exhaustion, food aversions, nausea. Same deal, different day :) Oh we added acid reflux to the list as well. Back and hip pain (since about 14 weeks) as well.

If any one wants to have a guess on baby stats, I have a page up for fun:




Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment