Primary and secondary infertility. Recurrent pregnancy loss. PCOS. Insulin Resistance. Low progesterone. Vitamin D deficient. 3 1/2 years and 3 (more) clomid cycle cautiously expecting #2!

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Journal of an Infertile

I'll start this journal like I do any other, introducing myself. My name is Krystal, I'm 25 years old, married 7 1/2 years and I have one son, 3 year old Andrew. Obviously I'm not entirely infertile, but I've had my issues. It took us 2 1/2 years to conceive Andrew and one miscarriage along the way. I used to have another journal I wrote in before Andrew was born but I feel the need to start fresh about my fertility issues.

Before I go on... I'll tell you the issues I'm known to have. I have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) and IR (Insulin Resistance). Yes, I'm overweight. I'm working on losing weight along with TTC #2. I really do think me getting down from 262 to 197 helped me conceive my son. Of course I'm starting over in the weight deparment since I slacked off. Word fo advice: Never let being pregnant make you slack off on eating healthy and exercising. Infact, the best thing you can do is exercise and eat right no matter where you are in life! And if you do let pregnancy get the best of you, don't slack off after delivery too!

I've always had very abnormal periods so with the help of provera and clomid I hope we can get pregnant again.

I found a poem I loved and thought it'd be nice to share, not sure the original artist.

A Wish For A New Baby

I wished upon a star...
I closed my eyes and prayed,
I threw a shiny penny,
into a well each day.

The same little wish was wished,
upon my birthday cake
I asked the Lord... Please hurry,
just for heaven's sake!

I was trying to be patient,
but I had waited long enough
my wishing well with pennies,
was now completely stuffed!

I would start and end my days
repeating the same prayer,
I knew that up in heaven,
they could see I really cared.

Just when I thought I couldn't,
bear another day
it is then that I learned,
you were on your way.

All the prayers and wishes,
finally did come true
The blessing God gave me,
was my pregnancy with you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment