Primary and secondary infertility. Recurrent pregnancy loss. PCOS. Insulin Resistance. Low progesterone. Vitamin D deficient. 3 1/2 years and 3 (more) clomid cycle cautiously expecting #2!

Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Wicked Witch of the West

Every month in an infertile person's life comes the thing we hate most - the wicked witch. The thing we dread getting every month (or more, if you're irregular) and really wish we could do without. Why? Because if we didn't have it it's possible we're pregnant!!

It does remind me of the Wizard of Oz, except I'd be the one asking for a heart, brain, and courage. A heart to not feel jealous of every other pregnant belly I see, a brain to find out what is wrong with my body, and courage to stand strong when those are getting pregnant or having a ton of children before me. Granted I already feel too much pain as it is. Perhaps I should ask for a brick wall to hide my feelings in. Surely the Wizard could grant me that, right?

My wicked witch made her appearance today. It was only 12 dpo which brings me down to a 11 day LP. Not too pleased with that, although I guess it could be worse. I just was really hopeful this would be the month but who was I kidding? If I only had a brain...

I know people want me to feel happy and think I'll get over it in a few days (or weeks). Perhaps they're right.. but right now as the Keith Urban song goes, "Tonight I want to cry."

0 comments:

Post a Comment