Primary and secondary infertility. Recurrent pregnancy loss. PCOS. Insulin Resistance. Low progesterone. Vitamin D deficient. 3 1/2 years and 3 (more) clomid cycle cautiously expecting #2!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Second trimester

Technically speaking I'm in the second trimester, I'm 13w5d. There's so much confusion on when the 2nd trimester starts that it frustrates me. I always thought once I hit 12 weeks I was in the 2nd trimester and in the "clear", but different places say different things about when the 2nd trimester actually hits. Some places say it's 13 weeks, some say it's 14 weeks. If we go off the whole dividing 40 weeks into trimesters it'd really be 13.3 weeks. Hence my confusion!! So I've decided - I'm in the 2nd trimester!

Honestly I'm still exhausted and still having a ton of food aversions. Do I mind? Only somewhat, I mind exhaustion when I know there's things to get done but I know I need my rest. I do kind of miss eating a variety of foods. Even as of lately I eat something, it tastes good and my stomach likes it then days later I'll eat the same thing and my stomach hates it. Kind of interesting how this pregnancy has been going. I've been enjoying the pregnancy either way, although sometimes even though my symptoms have been so intense I still have those moments that I feel like I'm not pregnant. When a friend asked if I seriously was pregnant I about said no! It still kind of feels like I'm in a dream.

My DH and I have been trying to get our son's bedroom looking like a big kid room. He's 5 on the 14th and it's about time he's out of the nursery setting. I've been asked why we didn't just switch him into another room and keep the nursery, but we wanted it to be simple. In 2 years we'll probably be selling this place so we wanted his room to look like the rest of the house. That and we already have enough room switching to do when we do get further along in this pregnancy. As for our nursery room? We'll keep it the light blue it is no matter what gender we get and just decorate it accordingly. I know I'll figure it out, I always do!!

Promise some day I'll show off some of the "before" pictures, when he had a nursery and now his big boy room. We still have to finish the trim around the ceiling, window and door though before we move his room back in.

It's kind of amazing how time has flown...

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment