Primary and secondary infertility. Recurrent pregnancy loss. PCOS. Insulin Resistance. Low progesterone. Vitamin D deficient. 3 1/2 years and 3 (more) clomid cycle cautiously expecting #2!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

If you're going through hell, keep on going...

Today hasn't been the best day. On a scale of 1-10 I'd rate this as a negative number on my emotions. I got blood work done today @ 6w6d - 3586 mIU/mL. 6w0d I was 2288 mIU/mL. What's the doubling time? 222.12 hours.... are you kidding me? I wish I was fooling myself but it is true. I've seen no evidence any where that points to a doubling time this long being a viable pregnancy. The nurse I talked to when we were doing our consultation (all the paper work and family history) told me the # and I just died a little inside. She told me to think positive until our ultrasound in two days. Think.. positive. So all day I've been crying on and off. I just don't see anything good coming out of this. I have moments where I try to think of a good outcome, but at 7 weeks pregnant my #'s should be closer to 15,000 mIU/mL(like she pointed out after telling me to stay positive). She also had the nerve to mention something about "at least you'd be able to go further into infertility testing". What the fuck? Seriously, are you demented lady? Why does any one think that there's a positive outcome with a possible miscarriage? No less more blood work? I think I'll be having a discussion with the customer relations lady again, but to say the least I'm leaving this practice no matter the outcome. If I miscarry I'll wait until I'm pregnant again to go standard. Screw them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment