Primary and secondary infertility. Recurrent pregnancy loss. PCOS. Insulin Resistance. Low progesterone. Vitamin D deficient. 3 1/2 years and 3 (more) clomid cycle cautiously expecting #2!

Friday, May 28, 2010

Blood work Part #1

So today was the first day of RPL (Recurring pregnancy loss) testing. The nurse told me this is what was on the test list:

Lupus Anticoagulant Antibodies
Anticardiolipin Antibodies
PT and PTT (Prothrombin Time & Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time)
Factor V Leidein

They'll know the results by the end of today!! Talk about one fast lab. I didn't expect the results to be here for another few weeks. They told me to call back around 4 pm and they'll get back to me by the end of the day, so hopefully I'll know more soon. There is still some I want to get done, so I'll be talking to her about them once I make an appointment to see her.

This is what I'd also like to get done, some not really RPL related:

Insulin/Blood sugar test
Vitamin deficiencies
Anti-phospholipid Antibodies
MTHFR Gene Mutation
Thyroid Panel
Karotyping Parents

And possibly, not sure 100% about:
Protein C
Protein S Deficiency
Prothrombin Gene Mutation
Antithrombin III Deficiency

I'm not sure what Dr. Q will approve. These will be things I ask to have done and I am going to probably not take no for an answer. I figure if I change my insurance to Standard I want to get all blood work and tests done before I switch so they're not more out of pocket expenses. At least I could go to her for infertility, for the most part. She can give clomid, can check follicles in my cycles to see what's going on, and all the testing but if we ever do go for IUI she cannot deal with that. In fact no one within a 30+ mile radius does that. It sucks.

Well as for my HCG on Wednesday, it was already down to 303. The same night I passed the baby and won't get into the details, but I knew what I was looking at. The doctors lied to me, but I knew they were and knew what to expect unlike what they told me. Today I passed what seems to be more placenta (was hard and stiff, not like blood) so hopefully my body is now healing. I wish I knew what to do next, besides more blood work. Guess that's all I can do.

Updated: Unfortunately didn't get to find out results since I had to go out and get groceries. Will find them out Tuesday then, since Monday is memorial day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment