Primary and secondary infertility. Recurrent pregnancy loss. PCOS. Insulin Resistance. Low progesterone. Vitamin D deficient. 3 1/2 years and 3 (more) clomid cycle cautiously expecting #2!

Thursday, December 16, 2010

I put a friend on facebook block...

I have to admit - I put a close friend on facebook block this past week or so. Not completely, but just so none of her activity shows up on my front page. I feel guilty for it and I'm sure someone will disagree with my reasoning, but here it is: She posted a 3-d ultrasound of her pregnancy as her facebook picture.

I don't know what other people feel about this - but I feel rather annoyed. She knows I've had miscarriages and I'd see that, so I think it's rather rude. Especially since your facebook picture is supposed to be you.

I've always told other people that I know at least 4 people on my list suffering from infertility and/or miscarriages and before I post a picture of an ultrasound I will be sending a personal message to them about it. I will never make it my profile picture ever, I feel it's painful for others because I've been there. That's why I'm rather sad I put a friend on a block, but it hurts to see that.

I'm sure there's people out there who understand why I did that. She also has one of those weekly updates being posted and saying how far along she is and what should be going on in the pregnancy. I do look at her page every so often, but am so bothered by her picture. Tell me I'm not alone.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally understandable. I've blocked several people on mine and I'll block more if I have to.

Jackie said...

You're far from alone. I have blocked more than one person's updates. It's something you need to do for yourself, and it doesn't hurt anyone. :)

Post a Comment