Primary and secondary infertility. Recurrent pregnancy loss. PCOS. Insulin Resistance. Low progesterone. Vitamin D deficient. 3 1/2 years and 3 (more) clomid cycle cautiously expecting #2!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Isn't that *low*?

Got my progesterone results in, it was 9.45 ng/ml. But isn't that low? Every where I've looked it says "A progesterone test is done to confirm ovulation. When a follicle releases its egg, it becomes what is called a corpus luteum and produces progesterone. A level over 5 probably indicates some form of ovulation, but most doctors want to see a level over 10 on a natural cycle, and a level over 15 on a medicated cycle."

I'm on 100mg of clomid and so it should be higher going off all the websites. I asked her what it means if I get/found out I'm pregnant and she said I should be going on progesterone supplements. So I don't know. I don't know if I should be confident in this # or not. I had an 18 ng/ml progesterone level a few months back when I wasn't on clomid, so will a lower once have more issues? I wish I had the answer.

Perhaps I should consider going to the RE earlier?

1 comments:

Glass Case of Emotion said...

I wish I could be more helpful here but I am just not sure...

Post a Comment